Lime Forbidden Rice
I have experimented with different types of rice and only recently discovered the purple/black Forbidden Rice which is supposed to be healthier given its color. All for that as well as enjoying the texture and nutty flavor. My aim now is trying to find ways to add different ingredients to add depth.
- 1½ cups Forbidden Rice
- 1 medium Onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- zest of 1 Lime
- 1 Limes without skin
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1¾ cups water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse rice in strainer till runs clear.
- In a medium size sauce pan melt butter and saute onions until clear. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds till fragrant. Add rice, water, vegetable stock and lime used for zesting cut into quarters.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered until rice is tender about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and serve.