Cucumber and Apple Condiment
An easy to prepare recipe from Alain Ducasse’s Nature: Simple, Healthy, and Good which can be made in advance and refrigerated. In fact, I think it is best made a couple of hours ahead of time that way the spices can marinate with the other ingredients.
- 1 Cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and cut into small cubes
- 2 Tomatoes, blanched, seeded and diced
- small bunch of Cilantro chopped
- 10 Chives, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tsp. of Piment d'Espelette or hot paprika
- ½ cup plain Yogurt
- Place cucumber in a sieve, sprinkle generously with salt and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Combine lemon juice, garam masala and hot paprika in a ramekin or small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients with the yogurt and mix gently.
- Check the salt seasoning and keep refrigerated before serving.